What's in the box
Every GridLer iMatch will be delivered in a hardcase box for easy transport and protection. In the box you can find the following items:
- GridLer iMatch device
- 5v power adapter (EU or US)
- USB to micro USB cable
- 2x 4-point magnetic sticker
Please verify that every component is inside the box.
Please make sure the iMatch is fully charged before start using it.
On the bottom side of the device there is a LED indicator, the power button and a micro USB connector for charging. Plug in the USB cable from the box in the iMatch and use the power adapter to charge it.
Charging takes about one hour.
The iMatch also can be charged wireless (Qi standard). The Qi receiver coil is positioned on the back of the iMatch in the lower section.
Placement of the magnet sticker
The iMatch is designed to give maximum flexibility as it comes to the placement of your device on the iMatch.
The sticker what comes with the package can be attached to the back of your device. It doesn't really matter where you place it but one of the at least one of the sides should have a distance of 4 cm or 1.57 inch between the top of the sticker and the edge of your device.
Installing the demo app
The GridLer iMatch demo application for Android is available. To download this demo application, please perform the next steps:
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device
- Search for ’ GridLer iMatch’
- Select the GridLer iMatch from the list and install it.
The demo app is compatible with Android 5.0 and higher.
When you start the GridLer iMatch demo app on your Android device with Android 8 (Oreo) or higher installed you will be asked to give permission for the usage of Location, to access files and to use the camera.
For the application to work you have to agree to all of them.
Connect your device to the iMatch
The GridLer iMatch works with all iOS and Android device equipped with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). All modern phones support the BLE standard. Of course the BLE connection is fully secure.
To connect your device please perform the following steps:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your device
- Turn ON the GridLer iMatch
- Start the iMatch demo app on your device
The app will automatically look for any nearby iMatches. When an iMatch is found it will be shown in the app.
In the app the last 4 characters will be shown. You should double check this with the Device-ID that is on front for your iMatch.
Select the correct iMatch from the list. After this you will be asked again to confirm the BLE connection. This is for security reasons.
Optionally the iMatch can also be equipped with a high quality FBI approved 500 PPI WSQ Fingerprint scanner. With this fingerprint scanner it is possible to enroll, verify or identify people within seconds. In the demo app do the following:
- Start 'Scan Fingerprint' on the homepage of the demo app.
- Select one of the fingers on the screen.
- Press 'SCAN' in the top right corner of the screen
- The fingerprint scanner on the iMatch will start in light up
- Put your finger on the scanner. When the quality of the fingerprint is OK, you can see the result on your screen.
Scanning a passport
The iMatch is also able to read the MRZ and RFID chip of passports. For the reading of the MRZ the camera of your device is used. The RFID chip can be read by holding the passport on back of the iMatch. In the demo app do the following:
- Start 'Scan Passport' on the homepage of the demo app.
- Press 'READ MRZ' in the top of the screen. Hold the holders page with the MRZ in front of the camera of your device.
- Put the passport on the back of the iMatch and press 'READ CHIP'. Reading the RFID Chip will take about 8-12 seconds.
Scanning an RFID ID card
The iMatch is also able to read the MRZ and RFID chip of ICAO compliant ID Cards. For the reading of the MRZ the camera of your device is used. The RFID chip can be read by holding the ID Card on back of the iMatch. In the demo app do the following:
- Start 'Scan ID RFID' on the homepage of the demo app.
- Press 'READ MRZ' in the top of the screen. Hold the MRZ on the ID card in front of the camera of your device.
- Put the passport on the back of the iMatch or put the card in the slot on the top of the iMatch, press 'READ CHIP'. Reading the RFID Chip will take about 8-12 seconds.
Reading a Contact chip ID card
The last features of the iMatch is the option to read ID cards with a contact chip, for instance the Belgium ID card. In the demo app do the following:
- Start 'Scan ID Contact' on the homepage of the demo app.
- Insert the ID card in the slot on the top of the iMatch with the contact chip pointed towards you.
- When the card is inserted the 'READ' button in the top right corner of the screen will become active. Press the button. The card will be read, the reading the RFID Chip will take about 6-8 seconds.